Coaches, a major independent operator in Somerset and Devon was bought by
Stagecoach - their YJ55BHV, an Optare Solo, is seen in Taunton on April
- Competition rages in the most unlikely of places such as Preston
where Preston Bus, represented by East Lancs bodied Scania 205 (PO56JDK) in August 2007, is locked in
battle with Stagecoach Ribble
- Stagecoach Western has converted several
vehicles to run on Biodiesel such as 22603 (V603GCS) seen leaving
Kilmarnock Bus Station in December 2007
- Arriva 2636 (CX07CRZ) and 2630
(CX07CPZ), Wright bodied VDL SBL120s, in Chester in August 2007,
competing with First who bought Chester Bus.
- City Clipper operated short lived
circular services in Southampton using five Plaxton Primo's such as MX07BBE
seen at Southampton railway station in July 2007.
- Veolia rebranded all their companies
under the group name including Dunn Line who's 5609 (YJ56AUO),
an Optare Solo, is seen at Sheffield Meadowhall interchange in December
- Stagecoach 47513 (KX57KGK), an
Optare Solo in Leamington-Spa in December 2007. It is one
of a batch of vehicles branded with Goldline identity, which features
higher quality seating and service.
- Yellow Buses is still competing with
Wilts & Dorset using a substantial amount of second hand Darts
such as Y432PBO seen in Bournemouth in May 2007.