- Wells is one of the smallest cities in the UK.
Its cathedral dominates the skyline of the thriving market town
which nuzzles deep in Somerset. First Somerset and Avon
66717 (WX54XDD), one of a batch of about 10 Wright
bodied Volvos in dual-purpose livery that operate the services,
navigates its way down Wells High Street on a sweltering August day
- Another year, another roasting day in Wells.
This time it's 66722 (WX54XDD) leaving Wells bus
station for Bridgwater in July 2006 with St Cuthberts church in the
- On the same glorious day in July 2006,
66716 (WX54XDA) is seen heading through Wells making for
- Marlborough St bus station in Bristol was
completely rebuilt recently. 66717 (WX54XDD)
leaves the partially complete site on the start of its long run to
Bridgwater in April 2006.
- Think of quaint village names, and think of
Somerset. Chewton Mendip is where 66723
(WX54XDH) is captured heading for Bristol in July 2006.
- When the route splits at Wells (or more correctly
Street), the section towards Bridgwater truly meanders through the
Mendips serving many local communities en route. One
such is Cossington where 66717 (WX54XDD) is seen in
- Bridgwater too has a new bus station - at least
the third on the same site. It was a very cold evening
in February 2006 when 66716 (WX54XDA) was about to
leave on a short journey back to Wells.
- The vehicles pass each other in Chewton Mendip
and coming the other way to 66717 in August 2005 was 66725
- From Wells to Yeovil the route very much follows
the main road, although there are a couple of deviations into
villages such as the charming Ilchester where 66716
(WX54XDA) is seen in June 2006. Not all
vehicles carry lettering for the service. Not all summer
days in Somerset are sunny.
- Occasionally older Wright bodied Volvos appear
such as 66115 (R915BOU) wending its way through the
hedges near Kingsdon in December 2005.
- If you're short of a magic potion or something
satanic then look no further than Glastonbury.
66721 (WX54XDE) sweeps round the corner in the centre of
the town making for Yeovil on a busy evening in August 2005.
- Heading in the opposite direction on the same
evening is 66718 (WX54XDB).